Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The First

My first post.
Why are we always obsessed with the "first". Your' first show, first date,first step, first words, ...etc. It seems like we make out our firsts to set the tone for the rest of our life. If a first date goes bad so does a relationship. If a first show goes bad you could lose your credibility right from the start. If your first steps and first words are early you're automatically smart, and if they're late you're dumb. I've heard people in their fortys talk about how they said "da da" before anyone else they've known. I think we're a little too obsessed with the first that we have a hard time with the next. The next is just as, if not more important than the first. You mess up on the "first" step you have a million more left to go. That next step is what defines character. The next step is the heart and soul. I'll leave you with a final quote that i feel exemplifies my tangent perfectly from the great Rough Rider, Teddy Roosevelt
"Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty... I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life. I have envied a great many people who led diffcult lives and led them well."
Oh, and welcome to What You Do In Your Free Time

No comments:

Post a Comment